Your Dentist and Dental Hygienist work together to ensure your optimal oral health.
The primary part of an effective Oral Health plan is the Dental Hygiene Appointment. Dental hygienists are licensed oral health care professionals who have completed extensive educational and clinical preparation in preventive oral health care. Registered dental hygienists can provide a wide range of services as specified by the laws of each state.
This office employs three; full-time Hygienist’s to help maintain the patient’s oral health. With all the modern technology available to our patients, the majority of oral conditions are treated in office. Preventive care is priority to all of our patients.
- Dental Hygienists plan a specific treatment plan designed to make sure each patient has the best oral health possible.
- Targeted and specific dental hygiene treatment for children, adolescents, adults, older adults, and patients who are medically compromised.
- Because targeted and specific systemic diseases like heart disease and diabetes, as well as other conditions, have signs and symptoms that appear in the mouth first, dental hygienists monitor for evidence of disease, and where they find suspicious conditions, inform the patient and recommend a visit to a physician.
- Identification of cavities, gum disease and oral cancer.
- Removal of plaque and calculus, both above and below the gum line.
- To prevent cavities, dental hygienists provide nutrition counseling, apply fluorides or pit-and-fissure sealants.